Our client is a dynamic and innovative software company for CAD/CAM software in the field of medical technology. For the location in Darmstadt our client is looking for a qualified:
Senior Software Program Manager (m/f/d) - 20 till 40 % remote work possibleJob-ID: CF-00003963
- Oversee multiple software development projects within the company as well as enterprise integration software projects within the larger cooperation and/or third parties
- Accountable for creating detailed project plans including research & prototyping phase, required input, resources (HR, IT,..), development phase, deliveries, rollout, etc. in close communication with the involved project teams and management
- Ensure program/project teams and management understand the objectives of the programs/projects and regularly communicate changes in an agile project management environment
- Secure commitments from the program/project team to be accountable for delivering on time based on the planned resources
- Drive and communicate program/project status, schedule baselines, schedule issues, project risks and major decisions. Create and distribute status reports according to the cooperation’s best practices and report timelines.
- Maintain intense focus on delivering to all committed milestones, identify and clarify required changes early, and hold the project team accountable, e.g. by holding weekly project status reviews
- Aggressively manage schedule risk throughout the project development life cycle to ensure on-time delivery
- Communicate frequently with program/project teams, peers, QM, SQA, legal, marketing, management and upper management to ensure sharp focus on executing to the delivery plan and timeline
- Ensure that the required medical device regulations and data privacy regulations are considered in the respective project planning steps through active communication with the respective teams for quality management (QM) and data privacy
- Keep the program/project teams organized and on track for effective implementation and delivery and implement process improvements where there’s inefficiency in the execution process
- Build capability within the program/project teams to accomplish the project goals and deliver the program/project results on time
- Follow up and maintain accountability of program/project success criteria post deployment
- Be flexible, a creative thinker, and highly communicative to execute to a timeline when plans do not go as expected
- Follow up consistently to ensure cross functional project teams are delivering against their commitments
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures.
- Represent the company projects/programs in company-wide and cooperation-wide meetings and events
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental, company goals
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervisory responsibilities: The Senior Program Manager is expected to guide and manage a cross-functional team within a matrixed management structure and will not have formal direct reports. Locations of matrixed team will be spread across multiple geographical locations.
Your technical qualifications:
- Min. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of project management in software development companies, e.g. product development and/or enterprise projects
- Experience delivering software projects including understanding of the full SDLC
- Experience project managing in strictly quality controlled and/or regulated environments, e.g. medical device development
- Experience working with agile teams and agile environments
- PMP certified preferred or equivalent certification (agile, etc)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to different personalities, audiences and stakeholders
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office Products (Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint) with the ability to write clear texts, project presentations and reports
- Should be able to effectively use project management tools as well as development ticket systems (e.g. JIRA)
- Expert understanding of product development and/or enterprise program management processes including but not limited to agile, iterative & incremental methodologies, V-Model, Shift-Left etc.
- Expert ability to create or adapt project management structures and processes within the company as part of a cooperation-wide program management environment
- Excellent English (verbal and written) as standard language for all documents and verbal communication in the international teams
- Good German skills (mostly verbal, therefor fluent verbal german skills, at least B2)
Our client offers:
Exciting and varied activities in a dynamic and growth-oriented software company. You can expect flat hierarchies and efficient decision-making processes. You can look forward to a positive working atmosphere that promotes both individual freedom and responsibility. Furthermore, you can expect a strong team spirit and a very good working atmosphere as well as modern offices and workplaces. Flexible working hours and home office options are a matter of course.