Our client, based in Karlsruhe, is an internet service provider and data centre operator. They have over 75.000 business and private clients worldwide. Their main focus is on providing webhosting, virtual and dedicated servers as well as their support through management services. Our customer strives for continuous development and stands for high quality standards.
For a position that can be done 100% remotely (but does not have to), our client is looking for a:
Big Data Engineer Cloud Services (m/f/d) 100% remote possibleJob-ID: CF-00003846
- Development of concepts for modern Open Source Search- und Big Data-solutions for a cloud
- Your focus is on the conception, development and operation (DevOps) of the Big Data system of the cloud
- You work with Open Source technologies such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, Druid, Hadoop, Spark and you are responsible for the integration of these systems in the already exisiting ecosystem
- You work agile and your input and ideas contribute to the shared success
Your technical qualifications:
- Professional experience as a Software Developer in at least on of the common programming languages in the "Big Data" environment (Java, Go, Python, Scala)
- Experience in handling Open Source technologies such as Kafka, ElasticSearch, Hadoop, etc.
- Very good knowledge of different Database concepts (RDBMS, NoSQL, TSDB, Big Table)
- Confident handling of Linux
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge of German, at least level B1 is a plus
Our client offers:
You can expect a familial and supporting work environment where your personal development and further education is a priority. Moreover, you can look forward to a salary above average and generous leisure spaces.